Monday, September 12, 2011

Are You Hungry for Change?

A few days ago, I took what I intended to be a short afternoon nap.  However, mother nature had different plans, I did not wake up until the day was almost over!!!  I am sure that many of you take a Saturday or Sunday afternoon nap from time to time, right?  Well, I woke up with a ravishing hunger, the hunger pains were so strong that my stomach literally hurt!!  This has happened before recently, not the over sleeping but the deep hunger pains, at times I realize what I am hungry for is not always natural food. 

Sometimes our soul is hungry for a deep change.  To get in tune with what we are in deep need of requires spending time in God's presence.  Not just haphazardly coming before Him but with deep reverence, coming to Him with thanksgiving, praise and worship, expecting in our hearts that he will meet our deepest need and speak to us. We do not have to wait until we are in a church setting to experience God's presence in a personal and intimate way.  As born again believers are bodies are the temple of God and His Holy Spirit abides in us, and stirs us to have deeper fellowship with the Father and the Son of God, in holy sweet communion.   I invite you today to stir up the gift within you (God's Holy Spirit is our most precious gift) and let the Shechinah (Settling Presence of God, Dwelling Presence of God, Calming Presence of God, Peaceful Presence of god) or Shekinah (common spelling) meet your every need and bring about the change(s) you are hungry and thirsting for. 

I am reminded of a Song:  "In the Presence of The King" 

In the Presence of Jehovah, God Almighty, Prince of Peace
Hearts are mended, troubles vanish,
In the Presence of the King..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, the presence of God can change our perspective on everything. It may not directly change our circumstances but it certainly changes us!

Roberta said...

Hallelujah!! Praise God for He's truly Worthy of All the Praise/Glory! This blog is a reminder of how I should desire God's presence more than anything...because He desires to spend time with me!! The God of the Universe...Wants to Spend Time with Me..Mind boggling!!